When you don’t have an Ethernet connection – which is often the case in a new installation – you can view the QMOD Web pages through the front USB port. The IP address of the USB port on the QMOD is 192.168.227.227.
You will need to assign a special address to connect with the QMOD internal network:
Connect a USB cable from the QMOD to your Windows PC. The unit will auto-install (usually – see below).
- Go to Control Panel —Network and Sharing Center—Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on the USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget, select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4, select Properties and enter the following:
- IP Address: 192.168.227.228
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Leave all other fields blank
- Enter 192.168.227.227 in your browser to see the QMOD web pages; you can use that address for any QMOD.
Can’t Connect over USB?
The front-panel USB port acts as an IP connection, using an RNDIS driver. Normally, Windows updates itself when it connects to the RNDIS format USB connection. If you get a Driver Not Found error, first make sure you are connected to the Internet so the driver can download and install. Go to Devices and Printers and look for a USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget icon – if it’s not there or says Unknown Device, you need to add the driver.
Windows 7 and above should automatically detect and install the driver (but sometimes not), and Windows XP does not. You can install the driver manually, just go to this link to download the driver: