The 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner is an integrator-friendly HDTV tuner, controllable with 2-way RS-232, IP, and IR commands. An onboard Web page enables remote Web control. A new menu-driven display simplfies setup, and a front-panel USB port makes firmware updates a snap. The new compact enclosure allows mounting of two tuners in a single rack space.
- Tunes analog and digital channels in ATSC, NTSC, and clear QAM formats
Simulcasts from HDMI and composite video ports, as well as stereo, and digital coax and TOSlink optical audio ports
Switches to VGA or Component output from front-panel settings or control commands
New updtes - select 60/59.94 Hz for 1080i and 720p, Pro or Consumer digital audio
- Dolby® 5.1 or PCM/Variable PCM digital audio formats for digital audio ports and HDMI
- Front-panel text and onscreen menus for tuner setup
- Web page for remote setup and control
- Supports dual Air/Cable tuning with optional RF switch
- Analog and digital closed captioning
- Internal scaler displays all channels at selected resolution
- Rack-mountable two across in 1RU
- Full ASCII 2-way RS-232/Telnet commands, AMX, Crestron, and RTI modules available, discrete IR commands
- RS-232 can be daisy-chained to control up to 9 tuners from a single RS-232 port, or control any number of tuners via IP
- Field updatable for control and HD processing firmware via USB
- Meets RoHS and California energy-saving standards, fan cooled operation
HD Outputs: HDMI and switchable RGB/Component outputs operate simultaneously
Audio Outputs: All operate simultaneoulsy, including HDMI audio, select Pro or Consumer digital audio
13.2W 45 BTU, 15.2W 52 BTU including power supply
PS12-6Y 4A power supply with Y cable to drive 2-3 tuners (free at time of order)
RK1 Single Rack Kit, 1RU
RK2EZ Dual Rack Kit, 1RU, locking tab to connect enclosures externally, or remove one enclosure to lock units together
RF-AB RF A-B Switch, self-terminating, closure controlled
CC-COM RS-232 Null Modem Cable
IR-RXC External IR Receiver
- HD2-RC IR Remote
- The HD2-RC IR Wireless Remote works CR AV and HDTV tuners to deliver simplified, convenient IR control. Designed for versatility and economy, the HD2-RC is available at a fraction of the cost of typical control system remotes.
- RF-AB RF Switch
- The Contemporary Research RF-AB RF Switch is a self-terminating remote controllable RF A/B switch. When used with the CR 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner, the RF-AB will automatically switch between Air and Cable RF feeds. The included 3.5 mm cable connects the RF-AB to the A/C jack on the back of the tuner.
- The IR-RXC External IR Receiver extends IR reception for the 232-ATSC, 232-STS, and the ICC2-ATSC/VDC/IRC. Using the included swivel mount, the unit can mounting in any position and aimed for best reception. Powered by the external IR IN input on the tuner, the IR-RXC is switchable for sensing Contemporary Research high-frequency 57 KHz (default) and low-frequency 38 KHz IR, the IR-RXC can be mounted in any position.
- RK1 Single Rack Kit, 1RU
- Standard-enclosure single rack kit
- RK2EZ Dual Rack Kit, 1RU
- Dual-unit rack kit for most Contemporary Research products
- 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner - Datasheet
- 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner - Manual
- 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner - CAD Drawing
- 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner - PDF Drawing
- 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner - Hi-Res Image
- 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner - IR code files, AMX, Crestron, and Pronto formats.
- 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner - Firmware History.
- 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner - Firmware Update guide for S37 Operation and HD Load HD processor firmware.
- 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner - Firmware Update Pack S37 2.25 - HD Load 5.13. Extract compressed folder to access files and instructions
- 232-ATSC+1 HDTV Tuner - How to fix Windows 8-10 to install S37 files to ATSC-series tuners
Last Modified: 1/27/2017