232-MCT Mono Caption Tuner
232-MCT Mono Caption Tuner
The Contemporary Research 232-MCT is an economical RS-232/IR controlled video tuner featuring mono audio, 125-channel access in CATV, HRC, or IRC modes, closed captioning and intelligent control. Fully programmable, the unit can restore all settings on power-up from non-volatile memory. A list of accessible channels, called channel rings, can be stored in memory, used for convenient channel up/down control and to control direct access to unlisted channels. Switchable inputs for NTSC video and mono audio are included for display of PC graphics, a character generator information channel, camera or other A/V sources.
- Interacts with PCs and control systems via RS-232, using simple ASCII-format commands and feedback, up to 9 tuners can be linked to a single RS-232 control port; AMX, Crestron, or RTI modules available.
- Tunes 125 channels CATV, HRC, or IRC modes, using true synchronous video detection and intercarrier SAW filter
- Stores programmable tuning ring in memory to control channel access
- Receives IR commands from front-panel sensor and wired IR input on the back, also responds to Sharp IR TV commands
- Accesses tuning ring channel up/down from contact closure inputs
- Displays closed-captioning text, on-screen channel names, and on-screen text from custom control systems
- Inserts blue screen video image when unit senses loss of video level
- Restores all operation status after loss of power from data stored in non-volatile memory
- Mutes both audio and video, variable volume control
- Switches between tuner and external A/V input (video and audio inputs, can convert stereo to mono)
- Works with free Tuner Helper control panel/setup software, operates over RS-232 or Ethernet with IP-232 Interface
- Mounts in 19" rack with optional RK1 or RK2 kit for dual side-by-side installation
- Setup available via RS-232 using free Tuner Helper software, a Terminal application, or by custom system programming
- Integrates with 232-AMP for educational applications, pole mount bracket available
- Firmware updateable via local PC over RS-232
Internal Character Generator
- HD2-RC IR Remote
- The HD2-RC IR Wireless Remote works CR AV and HDTV tuners to deliver simplified, convenient IR control. Designed for versatility and economy, the HD2-RC is available at a fraction of the cost of typical control system remotes.
- The IR-RXC External IR Receiver extends IR reception for the 232-ATSC, 232-STS, and the ICC2-ATSC/VDC/IRC. Using the included swivel mount, the unit can mounting in any position and aimed for best reception. Powered by the external IR IN input on the tuner, the IR-RXC is switchable for sensing Contemporary Research high-frequency 57 KHz (default) and low-frequency 38 KHz IR, the IR-RXC can be mounted in any position.
- RK1 Single Rack Kit, 1RU
- Standard-enclosure single rack kit
- RK2EZ Dual Rack Kit, 1RU
- Dual-unit rack kit for most Contemporary Research products
- PS12-500 Power Supply
- 12V, 500 mA Power Supply
- CC-COM Null Modem Cable
- Null model cable DB9 to DB9
- 232 MCT - Datasheet
- 232-MCT Mono Caption Tuner - Manual
- 232-MCT Mono Caption Tuner - PDF Drawing
- 232-MCT Mono Caption Tuner - CAD
- 232-MCT Mono Caption Tuner - Hi-Res Image
- 232-MCT Mono Caption Tuner - Firmware Updater V 5.2 - set unit# command, can use full RS-232 cable for control without triggering channel advance, CC text clears correctly
- 232-MCT Mono Caption Tuner - IR files with discrete power commands, includes AMX, Crestron, and Pronto (hex) versions.
Last Modified: 2/2/2016