The Contemporary Research 232-STSi Stereo S-Video PAL Tuner is a versatile RS-232 controlled PAL TV tuner featuring high-quality S-Video video and balanced A2/NICAM stereo audio output, switchable composite AV input, closed-captioning and on-screen text, 125 Channel Preset memory, front-panel operation and feedback, and intelligent RS-232 control. Designed for global applications, the 232-STSi is CE listed and receives PAL B/G/ H, D/K, and I standards, as well as SECAM B/G, D/K, and L
The 232-STSi features a new, versatile solution for auto-tuning broadcasts that allows the user to mix and match different TV standards. For example, a viewer in Germany (PAL B/G, A2 audio) can also save presets for Belgian broadcasts (PAL B/G, NICAM audio). Channel preset search, TV standard, add, and delete can be controlled from optional iC-RC wireless remote or control system programming.
An onboard character generator displays on-screen text for closed captioning, channel names, interactive menus, and system feedback. Switchable inputs for composite video and stereo audio are included for display of PC graphics, VCR, camera or other A/V sources. AV from inputs and off-air broadcast are output as composite video, S-Video and Stereo, Mono, or Dual audio. Up to nine tuners can be integrated from one RS-232 control port.
Applications include S-Video TV origination for conference and meeting rooms, board rooms, and home theaters.
- Tunes PAL CATV and off-air frequencies, storing up to 125 Channel Presets in memory
- Features intelligent auto-tuning of TV frequencies, with the ability to save channel presets that include the frequency and TV Standard
- Outputs S-Video signal for improved image quality for monitors, large-screen displays and video projectors, employing adaptive comb and anti-aliasing filtering, as well as cross-color and cross-luminance reduction
- Delivers balanced/unbalanced A2/NICAM Stereo audio with programmable volume levels, as well as Mono and Dual A/B audio options
- Switches between tuner and composite stereo AV inputs, outputs simultaneous composite and S-Video NTSC video
- Stores programmable tuning ring in memory to control channel access
Operates using one of several control pathways: Full bi-directional RS-232 control and status feedback
- PC control using free .NET Tuner Helper software (great for saving tuner channels and setup information
- Front-panel programming options for tuning, RS-232 and operation setup
- Optional IC-RC IR wireless remote, discrete IR and wired IR
- Contact closure channel up/down
- Displays Line 22 closed-captioning and on-screen text channel names, interactive menus, and system feedback
- Restores all operation status after loss of power from data stored in nonvolatile memory
- Inserts blue screen video image when unit senses loss of video level
- Works with free Tuner Helper control panel/setup software, operates over RS-232 or Ethernet with IP-232 Interface
- Updates firmware using easy-to-use S12 Flash software
- Mounts in 19" rack with optional RK1 or RK2 kit for dual side-by-side installation
- Accepts IR In input for wired IR control or an external IR sensor.
- AMX InConcert and Crestron i2P software modules available
- Now RoHS certified!
Internal Character Generator
- HD2-RC IR Remote
- The HD2-RC IR Wireless Remote works CR AV and HDTV tuners to deliver simplified, convenient IR control. Designed for versatility and economy, the HD2-RC is available at a fraction of the cost of typical control system remotes.
- The IR-RXC External IR Receiver extends IR reception for the 232-ATSC, 232-STS, and the ICC2-ATSC/VDC/IRC. Using the included swivel mount, the unit can mounting in any position and aimed for best reception. Powered by the external IR IN input on the tuner, the IR-RXC is switchable for sensing Contemporary Research high-frequency 57 KHz (default) and low-frequency 38 KHz IR, the IR-RXC can be mounted in any position.
- RK1 Single Rack Kit, 1RU
- Standard-enclosure single rack kit
- RK2EZ Dual Rack Kit, 1RU
- Dual-unit rack kit for most Contemporary Research products
- PS12-1.0 Power Supply
- 12VDC 1.0A Power Supply
- 232-STSi Tuner - Datasheet
- 232-STSi Tuner - Manual V 6.3
- 232-STSi Tuner - Manual V 4.5
- 232-STSi Tuner - PDF Drawing
- 232-STSi Tuner - CAD
- 232-STSi Tuner - Firmware Update V6.3 Channel Seek
- 232-STSi Tuner - Firmware Updater V4.5 Country Codes
- 232-STSi Tuner - Firmware Load Manual
Last Modified: 2/14/2018