Tuner Helper 3 is a .NET application that simplifies set up and testing of CR 232-series TV tuners. A single RS-232 COM port can connect up to nine 232-series TV Tuners. The new Tuner Helper 3 is Vista compatible and adds several key features:
- RS-232 control of all 232-series tuners
- Ethernet control of the new 232-ATSC+1 HDTV tuner
The main Tuner Helper screen, shown above, features four key windows for operation
- Control acts as a basic tuner control panel, including A/V on/off, volume, channel and input operation, caption modes, and tuner selection.
- Setup fine-tunes the performance of the tuner, including bass and treble levels,creating the tuning ring and channel labels, channel label display, locking front-panel control, and setting special operation features.
- Text can set up all captioning modes, send on-screen text to the tuner, as well as send programming strings to the tuner.
- COM selects RS-232 Com ports or Ethernet access.
Tuner Helper's buttons and text displays provide real-time feedback for the tuner's current operation status and responses. When you start Tuner Helper or select a tuner, the software will automatically "sync" itself with the tuner. When you change any settings (even with front-panel programming), the Tuner Helper will also change any affected buttons, sliders, and displays.
Note for Windows 7 users: If you only see a partial control panel, select Screen Resolution on your PC, select Make text or other items larger or smaller, and select 100%.
- Tuner Helper - Version 3.5.6 works with all 232-series tuners, including the new 232-ATSC 4 and ATSCV-SDI 4 tuners.
Last Modified: 4/23/2015