In July, 2012, we will be transitioning to the new 232-ATSC+1, which uses a smaller enclosure and standard RK1/RK2 rack kits. During the transition, we will be accepting orders for both tuners to allow integrators to choose the solution that meets their needs.
The 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner is an integrator-friendly HDTV tuner, controllable 2-way RS-232 and discrete IR commands. As a universal TV tuner, the 232-ATSC+ can receive ATSC, NTSC, and clear QAM cable channels from switchable Off-Air and Cable RF inputs.
Controllable via RS-232 or IR, up to two compact 232-ATSC+ tuners can fit within 2 or 1.5 rack spaces.
The tuner displays broadcasts through simultaneous HDMI, RGB/Component, and NTSC composite video or connections. Full-time audio is available from Dolby® 5.1/PCM digital HDMI, optical, and coax ports, as well as variable-level analog stereo audio outputs.
- Tunes ATSC off-air, clear QAM cable, and analog channels
- Always-active HDMI and composite video, as well as stereo, and digital coax and TOSlink optical audio ports
- VGA or Component outputs switchable from front-panel settings or RS-232 control
- Dolby® 5.1 or PCM/Variable PCM digital audio formats for digital audio ports and HDMI
- Front-panel and onscreen menus for tuner setup and scanning, new buttons eliminate need for IR remote for setup
- Supports dual Air/Cable tuning with optional RF switch
- Analog and digital closed captioning
- Upscales SD and analog channels
- Rack-mountable in 1.5RU, two across
- Full ASCII 2-way RS-232 commands, AMX, Crestron, and RTI modules avaialable, discrete IR commands
- RS-232 can be daisy-chained to control up to 9 tuners from a single RS-232 port
- Works with free Tuner Helper control panel/setup software, operates over RS-232 or Ethernet with IP-232 Interface
- Field updatable for control and HD processing firmware
- Green Machine - consumes less power than previous 232-ATSC, meets ROHS and California energy-saving standards
- Includes HD2-RC IR remote and 12 VDC power supply
- Options for single and dual rack mounts, pole-mounting, stereo mixer/amplifier, external RF-AB RF switch
- New! Drive 2-3 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuners from a 4A power supply
Size (WHD): 8.5” [216mm] wide x 2.0” [51mm] height (1.5 RU) x 8.0” [203mm] deep
Weight: 1.94 lbs [890 g]
Enclosure: Steel with black powder coat paint
Mounting: 2/1.5RU Rack mounting for one or two units side-by-side optional (RK1/2-HD+, RK2S-HD+)
Certification: ROHS compliant, meets California codes
Display: Red LED Channel Display, dot separated major and minor channel numbers, dot at end indicates Off-Air tuning
IR: IR sensor
Control: Power , Menu, and Select buttons, navigation using Up and Down (Channel Up and Down) buttons
Left and Right (Volume Up and Down) buttons
LEDs: RS-232 RX (Yellow), RS-232 TX (Red)
RF In: Air/Cable, ‘F’, female, 75 ohm impedance, -10 to 15 dBmV typical Supports dual Cable and Air tuning with optional RF-AB RF A-B Switch
AV Output: Simultaneous HDMI, RGB/Component, and video out - switchable RGB/Component. Simultaneous HDMI (PCM), digital coax and optical (AC-3 or PCM), stereo audio.
Video Out: RCA composite video output, 1V p-p at 75 ohm impedance Simultaneous 480i
Component Out: 3 RCA Y, Pr, Pb outputs (1080i/720p/480p/480i)
Digital Audio S/PDIF: Coax and TOSlink optical output, Dolby 5.1/PCM
Analog Audio Out: Stereo RCA audio, Mono, Stereo, or SAP, variable level
RGB Out: VGA RGBHV DB-15 female (1080i/720p/480p, 59.94 Hz)
HDMI: HDMI receptacle, Type A, HD video and digital audio (in PCM mode), version 1.3 (1080i/720p/480p), HDCP
RS-232 Control: DB-9 male, RS-232 data link to control system or PC, link up to 9 tuners, 300-19,200 baud (9600 default)
A/C (Air/Cable): 3.5 mm output to operate the optional RF-AB RF Switch , -10 to 15 DC typical
IR In: 3.5 mm stereo input for external IR sensor or wired IR (no carrier, discrete codes available)
Power In: 2.1mm coaxial jack (inside center conductor positive)
1 A maximum, 11.5 to 15 VDC, 12 VDC typical
On-Screen: Displays on-screen analog and digital captioning on all video ports.
Captioning Data: HDMI, RGB, and Component ports don’t have the ability to carry captioning data.
Captioning data from both analog and digital channel is carried on Line 21 on the composite video port.
Frequency Range: NTSC, ATSC (8-VSB) and Clear QAM (cable) television 55.25 to 801.25 MHz
DTV Resolution: ATSC/QAM 1080i/720p/480p/480i
Tuning: Off-air 14-69 (NTSC and 8-VSB) and CATV 1-135 (Analog, 64QAM, 256QAM, 8-VSB)
Aspect Ratio: 4:3, 16:9 (Digital), 4:3, 16:9, Zoom (Analog channels)
Captioning: DTV and analog, set by program or customized for size, font and display attributes
Lock: Parental option for channels and/or rating
HD2-RC HD Tuner Remote, 4 AAA batteries
PS12-1.5 Switching power supply, 1.5A 12 VDC, compact enclosure fits into power strips, 2.5" H x 2" W x 1"
PS12-6Y 4-Way Power with PS12-4 4A Power Supply. You can choose this option when ordering. Add to groups of 2-3 232-ATSC+ tuners, no extra cost
RK1-HD+ Single Rack Kit, 2RU
RK2-HD+ Dual Rack Kit, 2RU
RK2S-HD+ Dual Space-Saver Rack, 1.5RU (reverse mount to stack)
RF-AB RF A-B Switch, self-terminating, included 1/8" cable connects to A/C output on tuner
RK-HDF Filler Kit, allow mounting of ATSC+ in older ATSC HD rack kits
IR-RXC External IR Receiver
CC-COM RS-232 Cable
- HD2-RC IR Remote
- The HD2-RC IR Wireless Remote works CR AV and HDTV tuners to deliver simplified, convenient IR control. Designed for versatility and economy, the HD2-RC is available at a fraction of the cost of typical control system remotes.
- RF-AB RF Switch
- The Contemporary Research RF-AB RF Switch is a self-terminating remote controllable RF A/B switch. When used with the CR 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner, the RF-AB will automatically switch between Air and Cable RF feeds. The included 3.5 mm cable connects the RF-AB to the A/C jack on the back of the tuner.
- The IR-RXC External IR Receiver extends IR reception for the 232-ATSC, 232-STS, and the ICC2-ATSC/VDC/IRC. Using the included swivel mount, the unit can mounting in any position and aimed for best reception. Powered by the external IR IN input on the tuner, the IR-RXC is switchable for sensing Contemporary Research high-frequency 57 KHz (default) and low-frequency 38 KHz IR, the IR-RXC can be mounted in any position.
- RK2S-HD+ Dual Space Saver Rack
- For 232-ATSC+ Tuners
- RK1S-HD+ Single Space-Saver Rack
- For rack-mounting one 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner in 1.5 RU
- RK1-HD+ Single Rack Kit, 2RU
- Used to rack-mount a single 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner
- RK2-HD+ Dual Rack Kit, 2RU
- Dual rack kit for two 232-ATSC+ tuners.
- 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner - Datasheet
- 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner - Manual
- 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner - PDF Drawing
- 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner - CAD
- 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner - IR code ZIP file, AMX, Crestron, Pronto formats.
- 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner - Firmware Update Pack - S12 4.1 /HD Load 5.11. Extract ZIP folder to access S12 and HD Load installers, iinstaller nstructions, and firmware history
- 232-ATSC+ HDTV Tuner - Firmware History
Last Modified: 4/13/2017