Starting with professional TV tuners and AV routers, the Contemporary Research family of innovations includes cutting-edge HDTV tuners, QMOD HDTV Modulators, Display Express Control Systems, and classroom integration solutions. Created for the systems market, Contemporary Research solutions offer state-of-the-art features, integration-friendly control, and easy-to-use application software, backed with solid technical support and customer service. All Contemporary Research products are built in the USA, and are designed to function in demanding, mission critical 24/7 installations. Our focus is to innovate solutions that:
- Originate.QMOD-HD HDTV Modulators allow sites to create an in-house HDTV cable system over existing RF. QMOD purpose-built modulators convert HD satellite/cable receivers, digital signage players, and live HD-SDI video to an HD open-access digital cable channel.
- Distribute. Introducing the QCA series of RF combiners, Contemporary Research sets new benchmarks for signal integrity, performance, and system design.
- Integrate. Contemporary Research Display Express systems can manage hundreds of displays, across a facility or a multi-building campus. No new wiring is needed, and easy-to-use software and rock-solid performance make for a system that is affordable, easy to install, and agile to expand. Contemporary Research analog and HDTV tuners have been trusted partners in custom control systems across the globe for 15 years.
- Tune. Contemporary Research commercial-grade HDTV tuners and broadband systems keep a site’s HD media on the screen and on the job in meeting rooms, classrooms, hallways, lobbies, sanctuaries, command and control suites, and living rooms.
Contemporary Research has earned an enviable record of innovation, researching future trends, engineering new technology, and delivering contemporary solutions at just the right time.
- When presentation rooms evolved to more complex video needs, Contemporary Research introduced the first multipoint AV router designed for control system integration.
- When users demanded a closer, two-way relationship between TV tuners and control systems, Contemporary Research delivered the 232-series AV Tuners.
- When sports, corporate, and event facilities needed large-scale TV integration and control, CR innovated the world’s first broadband control system and now leads the market in solutions for HDTV and display management.
- When schools searched for better solutions for video presentation and media, CR transformed their existing broadband into an interactive content and control system.
- When the country first learned of the Digital Transition, CR had already created America’s first HDTV tuner, now deploying the third generation during the transition.
- When integrators asked for a commercial solution for HDTV Modulators that can convert the VGA, HD Component, S-Video and Video output of media and digital signage sources, Contemporary Research created the QMOD-HD.
Contemporary Research has earned a solid reputation for performance, reliability, and expert support on numerous sites and in diverse applications. The list of Contemporary Research installations is long and storied, including Home Depot’s Headquarters, Goldman Sachs, NBC Studios, NASA, Willow Creek Community Church, Criswell Center, Louisiana Superdome, Wachovia Center, the San Antonio Spurs and Seattle Mariners arenas, Boston College, UVA John Paul Jones Arena, and Wake Forest University.