QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator
QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator
CR QMOD™ technology is opening the door to new HDTV applications. The QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator enables cost-effective distribution of HD digital signage and HD subscriber sources using existing broadband coax cabling in sports, retail and entertainment facilities, corporate offices, colleges, schools and worship centers.
- Create your own on-site HDTV broadband distribution system using a variety HD, SD, and AV sources
- Distribute digital signage, satellite, cable, and media as HD digital cable channels over existing broadband wiring
- View HD sources at any destination using HDTV displays or tuners
- Accepts 720p/1080i/480p/480i VGA, Component, or S-Video/Composite video, auto-syncs to input resolution
- Employs pro-grade HD encoding by NTT that minimizes artifacts for motion video and signage “tickers”
- Merges audio with video from analog stereo, digital optical and coax inputs
- Creates a high-definition 720p/1080i MPEG-2 stream for broadcast
- Delivers a fully agile QAM 64/256 digital cable channel 2-135
- Amplifies for distribution over an on-site broadband cable system with adjustable output level to 29 dBmV, compatible with all cable format broadband systems
- Sets up with front-panel buttons and easy to use menus, including inputs, encoding, channel, and RF options.
- New! Create single-part virtual channels, such as 116, 645 to match Guide channels
- Integrates with RS-232 control and feedback with simple ASCII commands
- Saves power and rack space using efficient design, fan-free cooling, and compact enclosure
- Powers up in less than 4 seconds, no OS overhead
- Includes compact switching power supply
- Mounts in optional 1RU single (RK1) or dual (RK2) 19” rack kits
- Meets RoHS safety and California energy standards.
- RK1 Single Rack Kit, 1RU
- Standard-enclosure single rack kit
- RK2EZ Dual Rack Kit, 1RU
- Dual-unit rack kit for most Contemporary Research products
- PS12-4Y 4-Way 4A Power Supply
- Powers up to 3 232-ATSC+, 4 QMOD modulators, free when ordered with groups of 2-4 units
- PS12-1.0 Power Supply
- 12VDCâ€ˆ1.0Aâ€ˆPower Supply
- RK1-AC Accessory Rack Shelf
- Shelf bracket attaches to single enclosure
Working With Latency (Delay) in HDTV Applications
Creating an MPEG stream on the fly will create a delay in video and audio, but there are solutions and integrators need to use RF in the right applications.
1080p over RF? How to Discern Facts from Fantasy
Can you distribute true 1080p HDTV channels? Yes, some moduators like the QMOD-HDSC can ingest 1080p, but the output will be 1080i.
Arlington Park Hedges its Bets with QMOD-HD
The famous horse track migrates its OTB sites to HD using QMOD-HD Modulators
Willow Creek Church Distributes HD Video Efficiently
David Cooke, Video Director for Willow Creek Community Church in Barrington, Illinois, shares how the site chose broadband RF for HD media facility-wide.
Using RF for HD Distribution on a Mega-Yacht
Triton Technical turned to the QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator and saved about 95% in costs
QMOD-HD Modulators and Display Express at Work in Russell Investments
Russell Investment integrates in-house TV and signage, HDTV channels for up-to-the-minute information on stock market updates and world news to keep abreast of the global market.
QMOD-HD Delivers HDTV for PGA Classic
Upstage Video saves costs at Greenbrier Resort, using QMOD-HD to distribute HD video over RF instead of fiber.
- QMOD HD Data Sheet - Datasheet
- QMOD-HD Manual - Manual
- QMOD Integration Tips - QMOD Integration tips
- QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator - TV One Integration
- QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator - PDF Drawing
- QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator - CAD
- QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator - Hi-Res Image
- QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator - Firmware Update V 5.4 - Must have! Eliminates the occasional "flash" caused by the A/D processor displaying a few frames of background color.
- QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator - Firmware Update Manual
- QMOD-HD HDTV Modulator - Firmware History
CR Training Apps
The following Flash apps explain the basics of QMOD setup and RF distribution.
Last Modified: 7/17/2014