QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator
QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator
CR QMOD™ technology is opening the doors to new HDTV applications. The QMOD™-SDI HD-SDI enables cost-effective distribution of HD-SDI, SD-SDI, digital signage, HD subscriber sources, and EAS emergency AV using existing broadband coax cabling in sports, retail and entertainment facilities, corporate offices, colleges, schools and worship centers.
- Create your own on-site HDTV broadband distribution system using HD-SDI, Component, and NTSC video sources
- Distribute digital signage, satellite, cable, and media as HD digital cable channels over existing broadband wiring
- View HD sources at any destination using HDTV displays or tuners
- Accepts digital HD-SDI (1080i/720p) and SD-SDI (480i)
- Auto-senses SDI and Component resolution, changes QMOD resolution to match
- Inputs analog HD (1080i/720p/480p.480i) Component, S-Video and Composite video
- Switches between SDI, Component, and video inputs with audio follow
- Responds to GPI inputs to switch to EAS composite video and audio
- Employs pro-grade HD encoding by NTT that minimizes artifacts for motion video and signage “tickers”
- Merges audio with video from embedded SDI, analog stereo, digital optical and coax inputs
- Creates a high-definition 720p/1080i MPEG-2 stream for broadcast
- Delivers a fully agile QAM 64/256 digital cable channel 2-135
- Amplifies for distribution over an on-site broadband cable system with adjustable output level to 29 dBmV, compatible with all cable format broadband systems
- Sets up with front-panel buttons and easy to use menus, including inputs, encoding, channel, and RF options
- New! Create single-part virtual channels, such as 116, 645 to match Guide channels
- Powers up in less than 4 seconds, no OS overhead
- Integrates with RS-232 control and feedback with simple ASCII commands
- Saves power and rack space using efficient design, fan-free cooling, and compact enclosure
- Includes compact switching power supply
- Mounts in optional 1RU single (RK1) or dual (RK2) 19” rack kits
- Meets RoHS safety and California energy standards.
- New! Drive 3-4 QMOD HDTV Modulators from a 6A power supply - Click Here for Details!
SD-SDI rate 270Mb/s or HD-SDI rate 1.485Gb/s
Coax cable auto-equalizer for SD up to 460m, HD up to 230m (RG6)
Auto-senses resolutions 1080i at 29.97Hz, 720p at 59.94Hz, or SD 480i at 29.97Hz
Video Format YCbCr 4:2:2
Can accept SDI embedded AES Stereo 48KHz digital audio, does not pass 708/608 captioning
Analog Video Inputs:
Component: RCA Pr, Pb, Y (1080i/720p/480p/480i)
S-Video: Y(Composite), C (Blue Pb) 480i, 29.97 Hz
Composite : RCA female (480i)
- RK1 Single Rack Kit, 1RU
- Standard-enclosure single rack kit
- RK2EZ Dual Rack Kit, 1RU
- Dual-unit rack kit for most Contemporary Research products
- PS12-8-4Y 8A Power Supply
- Powers up to four 232-ATSC 4 Tuners or four QMOD modulators.
- PS12 1.5 Power Supply
- 12 VDC, 1.5 A
- RK1-AC Accessory Rack Shelf
- Shelf bracket attaches to single enclosure
Working With Latency (Delay) in HDTV Applications
Creating an MPEG stream on the fly will create a delay in video and audio, but there are solutions and integrators need to use RF in the right applications.
1080p over RF? How to Discern Facts from Fantasy
Can you distribute true 1080p HDTV channels? Yes, some moduators like the QMOD-HDSC can ingest 1080p, but the output will be 1080i.
Willow Creek Church Distributes HD Video Efficiently
David Cooke, Video Director for Willow Creek Community Church in Barrington, Illinois, shares how the site chose broadband RF for HD media facility-wide.
- QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator - Datasheet
- QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator - Manual
- QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator - Integration Guide
- QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator - PDF Drawing
- QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator - CAD
- QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator - Hi-Res Image
- QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator - Firmware Update V 5.7. Adds the ability to change the MPEG Program number.
- QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator - Firmware Updater Manual
- QMOD-SDI HD-SDI Modulator - Firmware History
CR Training Apps
The following Flash apps explain the basics of QMOD setup and RF distribution.
Last Modified: 6/16/2016