The 232-ATSC HDTV Tuner is an integrator-friendly universal HDTV tuner, controllable via two-way RS-232 and discrete IR commands. Able to fit two-across in a 2RU rack space, the compact tuner outputs HDMI, RGB/Component, and composite video simultaneously. NTSC broadcasts are upscaled for HD display. Digital Dolby® 5.1/PCM audio is available from HDMI, coax, and optical connections, as well as variable-level stereo audio. Setup is a snap, employing on-screen menus, included IR remote, front-panel programming, and RS-232 control commands.
For home theater applications, the 232-ATSC offers no-compromise full-bandwidth image quality of local HDTV broadcasts and can access multi-channel programs - features not supported by cable and satellite "HD" programming.
For commercial installations, the 232-ATSC tunes in today's and tomorrow's programming, and can receive conventional cable channels as well as local HDTV broadcasts from an off-air antenna.
- SmartScan skips encrpyted channels automatically (HD firmware V 1.12.)
- Tunes ATSC off-air, clear QAM cable, and analog channels
- HDMI and Video, as well as stereo, and digital coax and TOSlink optical audio ports are always active
- VGA or Component outputs switchable from front-panel or RS-232
- Dolby® 5.1 or PCM/Variable PCM digital audio formats for audio ports and HDMI
- Front-panel and IR onscreen menus for tuner setup and scanning
- Independent Cable and Off-Air RF inputs and channel lists, switchable via IR, front panel, and RS-232
- Analog and digital closed captioning
- Upscales SD and analog channels
- Rack-mountable in 2RU, two across
- Full ASCII 2-way RS-232 commands, AMX, Crestron, and RTI modules avaialable, discrete IR commands
- RS-232 can be daisy-chained to control up to 9 tuners from a single RS-232 port
- Works with free Tuner Helper control panel/setup software, operates over RS-232 or Ethernet with IP-232 Interface
- Field-udatable control and HD processor firmware
- Green Machine - meets ROHS and California energy-saving standards
- Includes HD2-RC IR remote and 12 VDC power supply
- Options for single and dual rack mounts
Size (WHD): 8.5” [216mm] wide x 2.43” [62mm] height (2RU) x 8.0” [203mm] deep
Weight: 2.25 lbs [1 kg]
Enclosure: Steel with black powder coat paint
Mounting: Rack mounting for one or two units side-by-side optional (RK1-HD, RK2-HD)
Certification: ROHS compliant, meets California codes
Display: Red LED Channel Display, dot separated major and minor channel numbers, dot at end indicates Off-Air tuning
IR: IR sensor
Control: Power, Volume Up/Down, Channel Up/Down
LEDs: DC Power (Green), RS-232 RX (Yellow), RS-232 TX (Red)
RF In: 2 'F', female, 75 ohm impedance, off-air and cable
User can switch between inputs
AV Output: Simultaneous HDMI, RGB/Component, and video out - switchable RGB/Component.
Simultaneous HDMI (PCM), digital coax and optical (AC-3 or PCM), stereo audio.
Video Out: RCA composite video output, 1V p-p at 75 ohm impedance
Component Out: 3 RCA Y, Pr, Pb outputs (1080i/720p/480p/480i)
Digital Audio S/PDIF: Coax and TOSlink optical output, Dolby 5.1/PCM
Analog Audio Out: Stereo RCA audio, Mono, Stereo, or SAP, variable level
RGB Out: VGA RGBHV DB-15 female (1080i/720p/480p, 59.94 Hz)
HDMI: HDMI receptacle, Type A, HD video and digital audio (in PCM mode), version 1.2 (1080i/720p/480p), HDCP
RS-232 Control: DB-9 male, RS-232 data link to control system or PC, link up to 9 tuners, 300-19,200 baud (9600 default)
IR In: 3.5 mm stereo input for external IR sensor or wired IR (no carrier, discrete codes available)
Power In: 2.1mm coaxial jack (inside center conductor positive)
1.3 A maximum, 11.5 to 15 VDC, 12 VDC typical
15.6 W 53.2 BTU 60.2 BTU incluiding power supply
15.6 W 53.2 BTU 60.2 BTU incluiding power supply
All outputs, including composite video, display captioning from digital and analog channels
The composite video signal also includes Line 21 captioning when tuned to digital channels
Frequency Range: NTSC, ATSC (8-VSB) and Clear QAM (cable) television 55.25 to 801.25 MHz
DTV Resolution: ATSC 1080i/720p/480p/480i
Tuning: Off-air 14-69 (NTSC and 8-VSB) and CATV 1-135 (Analog, 64QAM, 256QAM, 8-VSB)
Aspect Ratio: 4:3, 16:9 (Digital), 4:3, 16:9, Zoom (Analog channels)
Captioning: DTV and analog, set by program or customized for size, font and display attributes
Lock: Parental option for channels and/or rating
HD2-RC HD Tuner Remote, 4 AAA batteries
Power Supply, 1.5 A maximum, 12 VDC
IR-RXC External IR Receiver
RK1-HD Single Rack Kit, 2RU
RK2-HD Dual Rack Kit, 2RU
CC-232 RS-232 Cable
- HD2-RC IR Remote
- The HD2-RC IR Wireless Remote works CR AV and HDTV tuners to deliver simplified, convenient IR control. Designed for versatility and economy, the HD2-RC is available at a fraction of the cost of typical control system remotes.
- The IR-RXC External IR Receiver extends IR reception for the 232-ATSC, 232-STS, and the ICC2-ATSC/VDC/IRC. Using the included swivel mount, the unit can mounting in any position and aimed for best reception. Powered by the external IR IN input on the tuner, the IR-RXC is switchable for sensing Contemporary Research high-frequency 57 KHz (default) and low-frequency 38 KHz IR, the IR-RXC can be mounted in any position.
- 232-ATSC HDTV Tuner - Datasheet
- 232-ATSC HDTV Tuner - Manual
- 232-ATSC HDTV Tuner - PDF Drawing
- 232-ATSC HDTV Tuner - IR Files with discrete power, AMX, Crestron, and Pronto (hex) formats.
- 232-ATSC HDTV Tuner - Firmware Update Pack Open ZIP file and access S12 and HD Load installers, installation instructions, and firmware history.
Last Modified: 11/4/2015